Cut your cancer risk
- Stub out the fags – smoking is the main cause of lung cancer and increases the risk of developing over 12 other cancers, including mouth and bowel cancers.
- Cut back on the booze - try alcohol-free days and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Keep flat, not fat - aim to maintain a healthy body weight.
- Eat fresh food, not fast food - choose a varied diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables and limit your intake of red or processed meat.
- Get up and get active - be physically active for at least 30 minutes on most days or every day.
- Be sun safe - protect yourself from the harmful effects of UV radiation
by applying sunscreen, covering up and limiting the time spent in the sun.
For more information on reducing your lifestyle risks www.malehealth.co.uk